Table of Contents
Matte floor tiles may be pretty problematic when it comes to cleaning due to their maintaining water stains and being quite tenacious about stains. In this context, it is necessary to pay attention to specific steps and points before, during, and after cleaning, and in this context, using the most suitable product for the tile will yield much more beneficial results.
Accordingly, along with the best matte floor cleaning products described below, you can make cleaning matte floor tile much simpler, offer hygiene in natural ways, and remove the most persistent stains without leaving any stains.
Let’s dive deeper into the subject!
Matte Floor Tiles Features
Before going into the subject of cleaning, let’s give an explanation of what areas matte floor tiles are used in and what features they have.
Matte tiles are non-slip because they have greater friction than shiny tiles. They’re the finest choice for bathrooms and other damp locations because of their anti-skid function. They’re also a fantastic option for houses with kids and pets.
Along with being applied indoors, like in kitchens and bathrooms, matte tiles may be utilized outside. These tiles are a good option for any outdoor space, whether for seating areas or tiles all around the pool. They’re durable and require little upkeep. In addition, because of its anti-skid design, it’s secure even in the monsoon.
However, the matte surface tiles won’t be straightforward to clean if any spills occur. This is because matte tiles aren’t as slick as gloss tiles, and a stain might get caught in the gaps and be challenging to remove.
Best Cleaner for Matte Porcelain Tile
- Swiffer WetJet Power Mop Starter Kit: This product, being efficiently used in many places of interiors with its light structure, also plays a vital role in the cleaning of much difficult dirt thanks to its detachable cleaning pads and ensures the cleaning of matte porcelain tiles. It has a major effect on stubborn stains.
- Black Diamond Ultimate Grout Cleaner: In line with its potent formula, acting quickly on stubborn and difficult stains, it cleans the dirt on matte porcelain tiles and leaves a smooth and soft texture on the surface.
- Armstrong Flooring Once’ n Done Floor Cleaner: This product, which provides cleaning without leaving any stains and dirt on any surface with the strong and fast effect of its nature-friendly formula, doesn’t allow any scratches or stains to remain on the matte porcelain floor tile and offers a smooth appearance.
- Better Life’s Floor Cleaner Packs a Plant-Derived Punch: Thanks to this product, containing completely plant-derived cleaning agents that don’t contain harsh odors and perfumes, your matte porcelain floor tiles are spotless and have a smooth texture after cleaning. Besides, thanks to this product that does not require rinsing, it provides easy cleaning without leaving any watermarks on the floor tile.
Among these four best products, we can recommend Better Life as the most effective matte porcelain floor tile cleaner in terms of function and advantage.
How to Clean Matte Floor Tiles
You can take advantage of the 4 best cleaning products mentioned above or remove the dirt on the matte floor tile with natural methods.
- Step #1: Prepare a mixture of one cup of white vinegar, one teaspoon of dish soap, and a bucket of warm water.
- Step #2: If there is no stubborn stain and you are doing your routine cleaning, you can immediately apply the mixture by rubbing it on the tile with the help of a mop and then wait for a while and rinse with water.
- Step #3: If there is a specific stain on the surface, pour about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the stain and rub gently with the scrubbing brush until the stain is gone.
- Step#4: If the stain still doesn’t go away, you should try to rub it again with the help of a toothbrush by applying a mixture of a tablespoon of baking soda and water to the area you rubbed, then wait. Rinse after waiting.
How to Clean Matt Tiles in Bathroom
In water-containing areas such as bathrooms and kitchens, matte tiles can often be quite annoying in stain retention and need frequent and regular cleaning. You can benefit from the best products given above during this cleaning phase, as well as provide the cleaning and hygiene of the tiles with some natural methods.
Here are the steps:
- Step #1: You can provide routine cleaning of your bathroom, especially with a bucket of mild detergent filled with warm water. You can use one of the cleaning materials mentioned above instead of detergent, but at this stage, it is recommended to be careful not to use warm water to not damage the surface.
- Step #2: You can also add vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice to the warm water to remove more stubborn stains and clean the humid environment in the bathrooms. Thus, the surface has a much smoother texture after cleaning.
- Step #3: Then rub the water in the bucket by absorbing it with the help of a soft sponge or piece of cloth that won’t scratch the surface. But be careful not to use too much water on the surface at this stage; otherwise, the tile absorbing the water will be seriously damaged in the future.
- Step #4: Immediately after cleaning with water, dry the surface without waiting to prevent staining. Using a microfiber cloth will give much more guarantee and better results at this stage.
- Step #5: Try to make sure your tiles are dry, as areas such as bathrooms often contain steam and moisture.
Ultimately, due to their matte floor tiles’ texture, they can be quite troublesome when it comes to keeping water stains and being very stubborn about stains. However, in line with the specific features we have discussed in this article, you can make matte floor tile cleaning much easier, and you can also provide hygiene with natural methods and get rid of the most stubborn stains without leaving a trace, together with the best matte floor cleaning products being listed above.